Dalton Associates has partnered with KOeHealth and the Sioux Lookout First Nations Health Authority (SLFNHA) to develop and launch the Nishnawbe Aski Mental Health and Addictions Support Access Program (NAN HOPE). This program provides community-driven, culturally appropriate and timely mental health and addictions support to members of the 49 First Nations communities in the Nishnawbe Aski Nation in Northern Ontario.
This First Nations-led program is in response to the specific mental health needs of community members in Northern Ontario, offering a central access point to mental health and addictions support.
- 24/7 live answer at the toll-free telephone line at 1-844-NAN-HOPE (626-4673)
- Live web-chat and text support through the website at nanhope.ca
- Streamlined navigation to existing community-based and regional support services, bridging possible gaps in services;
- Rapid access to confidential counselling support by telephone; and,
- Access to a 24/7 crisis/distress support line.
All counselling is delivered by Masters-level Registered Psychotherapists, Registered Social Workers, and Registered Nurses, as well as Traditional Counsellors, all of whom have experience and skill in a variety of therapeutic modalities. Our team includes counsellors who speak OjiCree, Cree, Ojibwe, and English, all of whom are engaged in ongoing Indigenous cultural safety training and have experience providing support to Indigenous communities in-person and via distance.
Counselling is available for anyone experiencing a wide range of mental health challenges, including, but not limited to: addictions, domestic violence, suicidality, self-harm behaviours, depression, anxiety, and grief/bereavement.
Therapeutic Modalities Include:
- Traditional Counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Emotion Focused therapy
- Narrative Therapy
NAN citizens can access the services by calling the toll-free number 24/7 at 1-844-NAN-HOPE (1-844-626-4673. Text and Live Chat support are available Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 12:00am ET.
Visit the NAN HOPE Website:
Follow NAN Hope on Facebook
Download our NAN Hope Poster (PDF)
Download our NAN Hope Brochure (PDF)