Protecting Personal Information
We understand the importance of protecting personal information. For that reason, we have taken the following steps:
- Paper information is stored either under supervision or secured in a locked or restricted area.
- Electronic hardware is either under supervision or secured in a locked or restricted area at all times. In addition, passwords are used on computers.
- Paper information is transmitted through sealed, addressed envelopes or boxes by reputable companies (e.g., Canada Post).
- Electronic information is transmitted either through a direct line or is anonymized or encrypted.
- Any files being transported are required to be stored in a locked area (e.g., car trunk, carrying case with a locking mechanism).
- External consultants and agencies with access to personal information must enter into privacy agreements with us.