MA, LPC, CYC (Cert.) C.C.C., Registered Psychotherapist
Jody graduated from Naropa University in Boulder, Colorado with a master’s degree in Counselling holding a concentration in Wilderness Therapy in May of 2006. Jody is trained as a Wilderness First Responder and has current First Aid C with AED. Jody practises as a counsellor and psychotherapist in Barrie Ontario, and holds licensure as an LPC (Licensed Professional Counsellor) as well as certification as an Ontario Child and Youth Counsellor (Cert.)
Jody offers a variety of counselling and therapy solutions to individuals, families, and children in the Barrie Ontario region.
Jody has worked with a wide diversity of populations and settings, both with individuals and groups, including:
- wilderness work with emotionally challenged youth at risk,
- intensive outpatient programs for teens and adults struggling with addictions,
- emergency mental health services for adults in crisis,
- managing an after school program for young girls K-4th grade,
- working overnight and day shelters for homeless women,
- transitional living for young adult women,
- mentoring graduate students,
- and leading half-day long intensives for families.
Jody’s therapeutic orientation encompasses body-centered approaches, cognitive behavioural therapy, narrative therapy, contemplative interventions, creative exploration, transpersonal psychology, and developmental awareness as supports along the healing path.
Jody works to support the value of learning from different peoples, natural landscapes and cultures. Drawing on contemplative based training, Jody creates an atmosphere of understanding and genuine sensitivity without judgment.
Services are offered in English