VIRTUAL GROUP OVERVIEW
Presented by Alison McCleary, MCP (Doctoral Psychology Intern), Wendy Shisko, MACP (cand.), BSc. Psych., Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying), and Sarah Allen, MA in Counselling Psychology (In progress), Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying). Supervision provided by Dr. Dan Dalton, C.Psych. (Registered Psychologist).
Dates: Thursday evenings from February 16th – April 13th, 2023 (9 weeks total)
Times: 7:00pm – 8:30pm via Zoom Video Conferencing
Investment: $20/week (paid after each session). Fee may be covered by extended health benefits.
The purpose of this virtual group is to teach participants a variety of practical skills that can be introduced to improve the quality of one’s life.
- Ages 19 years or above
- Access to secure wi-fi and a computer, laptop, or phone with a microphone and webcam
- Access to a private space to attend virtual sessions
- Willingness and ability to commit to session attendance
- Those with severe suicidal ideation will be provided with alternative options for treatment as the group format may not address their needs. A screening tool will be used to assess this.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL?
This group teaches skills that apply to anyone looking to improve their mental well-being and are seeking growth and self-improvement. This group provides the tools to lead a more fulfilling life in a virtual and supportive environment. However, the following are individuals who may particularly benefit from this group:
- Individuals who would like to learn strategies to increase their emotional intelligence
- Individuals who experience personal difficulties
- Individuals who feel overwhelmed, or experience high levels of stress
This group will be facilitated in a structured group setting. Sessions will be 90-minutes and will include weekly check-ins, skills practice, and discussion about materials. Over the 9 weeks we will cover four separate modules, which include: Mindfulness, Interpersonal Effectiveness, Emotion Regulation, and Distress Tolerance.
Register for the DBT Group
Registration for this group is now full.